Using Candles & Diffusers
We love the things that candles and diffusers can do for our home, they add fragrance, atmosphere as well as serving as a decorative object themselves. Our home fragrance collection offers a variety of fragrance candle and perfumed reed diffusers to enhance your world, or to gift to a fragrance lover.
Both candles and diffusers need to be treated well to ensure they perform correctly and are safe for you and your home.
Store candles in a cool, dry place to prevent warping and out of direct sunlight as this can cause fading.
- Never leave a candle to burn unattended and keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Be sure the candle holder is placed on a stable, heat-resistant surface.
- Ensure wicks are trimmed regularly. They must not exceed 1cm as long and uneven wicks can emit smoke, cause rapid or irregular burning and or dripping.
- Wait until the whole surfaces becomes liquidised before extinguishing your candle to prevent tunnelling and uneven burning.
- Refrain from burning a candle on or near flammable objects.
- Avoid burning candles in glass vessels that has not been specifically designed to hold candles. These may not able to withstand the changing temperatures that take place when they are lit, and the base of the wick - which is usually held with a metal clip can get extremely hot.
- Extinguish candles before they reach the base of the holder, this will stop the base, and the metal clip getting too hot.
- Please ensure you check any instructions that are provided with each specific candle or candle holder to achieve the best results.
Whilst diffusers are relatively care-free, they still need to be used with caution:
- The oils used can be extremely flammable; ensure that diffusers are kept away from open flames at all times. Never attempt to light them.
- Do not display the product directly on polished, finished or fabric surfaces as damage can occur if the liquid is spilt.
- Diffusers should be kept away from direct sunlight and radiators as this will speed up their absorption and shorten their life.
- Keep them out of reach of children and pets at all times.